Purpose: The purpose of the Ernesto de la Torre Fund is to provide support for MA students in the Department for the Study of Religions. Examples of support include travel for research, support for development of a student’s research project, travel to attend/present at conference, or participation in summer school, or other program relevant to student’s research
Award: A maximum of three (3) scholarships up to $500.00 each will be awarded to qualified persons selected by the Department for the Study of Religions.
- Applicant must be a current MA student in the Department for the Study of Religions at Wake Forest.
- Applicant must demonstrate how the funds will advance their academic pursuits.
- Applicant must articulate clear learning outcomes.
- Application Cover Letter addressed to the Chair (Dr. Lynn Neal). The letter should include a brief explanation of the student’s eligibility for the award, a detailed summary of the proposed trip, conference, program, or research along with an explanation of how this will benefit the student’s academic pursuits, and the student’s learning objectives. It should also demonstrate the student’s academic preparation for undertaking such a trip, program, or course of research.
- Two (2) letters of recommendations from professors, employers, and/or internship supervisors.
- Description of the Program (information on the program, the trip, or research planned, include dates and location)
- Proposed budget (total amount requested and how the funds would be used).
- Indicate agreement to report back to the Chair (summary report) of accomplishments and things learned during the trip, program, and/or research.
Please have e-mail the completed application and materials as a .pdf file to:
Dr. Lynn Neal (firstname.lastname@example.org). Recommendations may be sent directly to Dr. Neal
Deadline for this application is: April 15, 2018